Goals and Success Indicators
Campuses are required to accomplish the ATI goals listed below. Each ATI goal is supported by a set of success indicators that describe the processes, procedures, and activities that need to be accomplished in order to meet the goal. As changes in technology occur, the success indicators may be modified following consultation with campus executive leadership.
Note: ATI Goals and Success Indicators listed below have been updated based on the March 2021 ATI MemoThis link will open a PDF file. (pdf), and will become effective for the 2021-22 academic year.Some goals and success indicators have intentionally been omitted as a result of previously established goals or success indicators becoming obsolete. As a result, some success indicators are not numbered sequentially.
The campus has implemented a comprehensive plan to ensure the timely adoption of instructional materials, including courses with late-hire faculty or adjunct faculty.
Success Indicators for Goal 1
- 1.1Campus has formally documented (e.g., Policy, Resolution, or Procedure) a process to ensure the timely adoption of textbooks and other instructional materials.
- 1.2Develop a process (e.g., developed and documented practices, specified staff time, educational/training resources, and technology) to achieve compliance with timely adoption.
- 1.6Develop a process to distribute performance reports regarding timely adoptions for late-hire faculty to campus administration at least annually.
The campus has implemented policies and procedures to promote the posting of accessible course materials in the university approved LMS or other platforms.
Success Indicators for Goal 4
- 4.1Develop a process to promote the posting of instructional materials to the university approved LMS and other platforms.
- 4.3Develop a process and document specific guidelines and procedures for creating accessible course content hosted in the campus LMS.
- 4.5Develop a process that provides alternate media production staff with timely access to instructional materials within the university approved LMS and other platforms.
- 4.11Develop a process to review the accessibility of faculty-maintained websites or web applications, whether hosted on the campus domain or elsewhere.
The campus has implemented policies and procedures to ensure that accessibility has been incorporated into multimedia, interactive content, and emerging instructional technologies.
Success Indicators for Goal 5
- 5.11Develop a process for creating, selecting, adopting, and remediating audio and video assets.
- 5.12Develop a process for creating, selecting, adopting, and remediating instructor developed course readers.
- 5.13Develop a process for creating, selecting, adopting, and remediating digital content: documents (word processor produced, spreadsheets, presentation software, PDF).
- 5.14Develop a process for creating, adopting, implementing, and remediating emerging instructional technologies.
- 5.15Develop a process for creating, selecting, adopting, and remediating publisher created content.
- 5.16Develop a process for creating, selecting, adopting, and remediating learning and engagement tools.
The campus has implemented procedures to ensure that accessibility requirements have been incorporated into the course review and remediation process.
Success Indicators for Goal 6
- 6.2Develop a process for selecting, authoring, and procuring accessible course materials.
- 6.4Develop a process to facilitate the review and remediation of the accessibility of online courses before posting.
- 6.5Develop a process for faculty and instructional staff to incorporate accessibility at the time of course redesign.
- 6.7Develop a process to conduct regularly scheduled accessibility evaluations using automated tools and manual techniques to identify course content that requires remediation.
- 6.8Develop a process to prioritize and remediate inaccessible course content.
- 6.9Develop Equally Effective Alternate Access Plans (EEAAPs) that address how the campus will ensure equal access for individuals with disabilities to LMS container and integrations (learning tools interoperability [LTI]) stored within the university approved LMS and other platforms.
The campus has implemented processes and procedures to support faculty in creating and adopting accessible instructional materials.
Success Indicators for Goal 7
- 7.1Campus has formally documented (through Policy or Resolution) faculty responsibility for selecting and authoring accessible instructional materials.
- 7.3Develop a process to create, distribute, and update examples of accessible instructional materials.
- 7.5Develop a process and provide resources for faculty and instructional staff to create accessible instructional content.
- 7.11Develop a process that incorporates accessibility when acquiring, converting, digitizing, creating, and maintaining library assets.
The campus has implemented a broad-based ATI awareness campaign, supported by a comprehensive training infrastructure to increase digital accessibility across the campus.
Success Indicators for Goal 8
- 8.1Develop a formal communication campaign with executive support to increase knowledge of accessibility issues and responsibilities.
- 8.3Develop a process including various training materials, both in content and modality, for creating, selecting, adopting, and remediating instructional materials.
- 8.11Develop a process that integrates accessibility information into faculty orientations.
- 8.12Develop a process that integrates accessibility information into faculty development.
- 8.13Develop a process that integrates accessibility information into academic technology activities.
- 8.14Develop a process to provide ongoing professional development for employees with ATI accessible instructional materials responsibilities.
Annually review and update the ATI Instructional Materials Accessibility Plan.
Success Indicators for Goal 9
- 9.2Develop a process for the ATI Steering Committee to review, revise and approve the updated ATI Instructional Materials Plan.
- 9.3Develop a process for the instructional materials subcommittee to inform the revision and coordinate the implementation of the Annual Instructional Materials Plan.