The ATI's Word 2010 Accessibility Training Resources project is nearing completion. We are pleased to provide the following update regarding the project deliverables:
- The Standards and Techniques Guide and the Checklist have been finalized and posted to the ATI Professional Development site. We are grateful to ATI community members who reviewed earlier drafts of these documents and provided valuable feedback. Achieving consensus regarding the scope of training materials for complex accessibility issues is challenging.
- For those who suggested advanced topics that were not ultimately incorporated into the documents, note we have tracked all such suggestions and will explore the feasibility of releasing supplemental guides on these topics in the future.
- For those who suggested an abridged set of standards/techniques, bear in mind that our goal was to develop comprehensive guidelines that address all high-impact accessibility issues associated the most commonly used features of Word documents. We encourage campuses to review these documents and, as appropriate, adapt them to meet your specific training requirements (e.g. duration, range of topics, etc.).
- We are currently finalizing a collection of 32 videos which demonstrate the techniques outlined in the Standards and Techniques Guide. These videos will be posted the the ATI Professional Development site in late-January. Those interested in previewing the first 3 of these videos may visit the Word 2010 Video Tutorials page of the ATI Professional Development site.
- The remaining deliverables (a Facilitator's Guide, a Workshop Guide, sample files, and a Train-the-Trainers session) will be completed in February.
We welcome your questions, and suggestions regarding this project. Please contact us at email@example.com